My shopping cart
Your cart is currently empty.Continue Shopping
This recipe is perfect for the holidays, especially if you want a delicious vegan option. We adapted the quantities so that it can serve 30, so there will be plenty for your next cookie exchange (or just plenty of leftovers for you!) If you don't want to make that many cookies, you can easily cut the recipe in half.
1. In a medium bowl or stand mixer, combine the flour, 2 1/2 cups of powdered sugar, tea leaves, salt, the orange zest, and four tablespoons of juice.
2. Slowly pour in the olive oil while stirring. Continue to stir until a soft dough forms.
3. Split the dough into four equal parts and roll into 2" thick logs. Wrap each log in a piece of parchment or wax paper. Place in the fridge and refrigerate for at least one hour.
4. Preheat the oven to 350º F. Line a baking sheet with parchment.
5. Unwrap the logs of dough and slice 1/2" thick discs. (We like to roll the edges of the cookies in sugar before baking, but this is optional!) Place the discs 2" apart on the baking sheet.
6. Bake for 18 minutes until the edges begin to turn golden brown.
7. Remove the cookies from the oven and place on a baking rack to cool completely.
8. Optional frosting: Once the cookies have cooled, mix together the remaining powdered sugar and 2 tablespoons of the orange juice or until the frosting is smooth and thick.
9. Using a small sandwich bag with one corner snipped, drizzle the icing over the cooled cookies. Sprinkle remaining tea leaves for garnish.
Recipe adapted from foodformyfamily